Saturday, July 18, 2020

Justice League #34



Justice/Doom War Part 5

Scott Snyder & James Tynion IV Writers
Bruno Redondo and Howard Porter Art
Hi-Fi Colors
Tom Napolitano Letters
Francis Manapul Cover
Francesco Mattina Variant Cover
Ben Meares Associate Editor
Jamie S. Rich Editor
Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
By special arrangement with the Jerry Siegel family.

Well, I caved in and bought this comic. I decided that if you like something, then you should support it when you can. And I want DC to keep making comic books, so I'm going to keep giving them money — even if I only care about one page in this issue ...

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about what's going on in the cover or in the Year of the Villain as a whole. Young Justice has not been involved in it at all. But I will say I like the cover — Manapul remains one of my all-time favorites. However, the cover doesn't truly convey what's inside this issue, which is a mashup of dozens and dozens of heroes from alternate timelines and parallel worlds. And that's where we come in, just for this one splash page.


In the bottom left corner is what dc.fandom.com describes as the "Sins of Youth" Flash. And it's hard to argue with that. Chances are, this is an alternate, adult version of Bart Allen. The costume's not quite the same from Sins of Youth, but it's close enough for me to write this brief blog about it. I wish we would have seen this Flash in a few more panels to get confirmation of who he really is, but I guess we'll just have to make do. I actually was more interested in the guy next to him, who is clearly, unquestionably the Flash from DC One Million, John Fox. And next to him is the Flash from Batman Beyond. 

Anyway, it is pretty neat that DC keeps finding ways to validate all these different versions of characters, even if it's just for a random panel here or there. Let's check out the new ads:

Murder is his art. Catching killers is hers. Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity.

The Batman's Grave.

A DC Nation interview with The Last God writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson.

Next time will be another quick post, as we take a peek at The Flash #81.

No comments:

Post a Comment